Tannat Merlot (60%-40%)
- Name of the wine: Tannat-Merlot
- Type of wine: blended red wine.
- Region: Joaquin Suárez
- Grape variety: 60 % Tannat, 40 % Merlot.
- Alcohol: 12, 5 % vol.
- Winemaking: Both kinds of grapes are collected separately and when optimum maturity has been reached. The wines are elaborated in separate stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures. Once pressed, the wines are blended as per the enologists’ decisions.
- Tasting note: An intense ruby red color, the perfect ensemble of these two emblematic varieties results in a palatable wine in which the Tannat contributes with its strong tannins structure while the Merlot provides its aromatic touch. In nose: berries, plums and spices. In mouth, it emerges softly with good structure and rounded tannins.
- Serving temperature: 16 – 18 ºC
- Food pairing: Excellent for spiced rice, vegetables, white meats such as turkey and young cheeses.